Centro de Convenciones Casa Mazariegos


The Centro de Convenciones Casa Mazariegos is a historical site that originally was the house of Captain Diego de Mazariegos, founder of San Cristobal de las Casas in the year 1528. From its construction in the sixteenth century, the house was a lodge of the Tridentine seminary, residence of bishops, episcopal palace, and college for young women. At the beginning of the nineteenth century, the edifice was an inn for travelers arriving on horseback or on mule backs.
Since its restoration in 2002, it has been the favorite place for social, business, academic, scientific and cultural events of great relevance.


Architecturally, the Centro de Convenciones Casa Mazariegos has characteristic elements of the region such as adobe walls, wooden pilasters, which make it an outstanding example of the rich architecture of the Virreinal Chiapaneca, which is characteristic of Centro America.


This convention center is located in the heart of the historic center of the city of San Cristobal de las Casas, on the Paseo Ecclesiastico.



Contactanos
I2SM2018